Now, you will want to pick a supplier and it should be someone you can trust so go online and do some research. Make a list of all the machinery suppliers and make sure you know which companies supply which machines. For example, you don’t want to get mixed up when you are trying to a buy a punching machine and send an email to a company who only sells kitchen material. That would be very embarrassing and it is not a good message to be conveying about your business.
If you are stuck and you don’t know how you are going to choose a supplier, then read on for some tips on how to buy your machinery from the right supplier.
- Ask the supplier some questions – It is the supplier’s job to sell their services to you. They should impress you. You should have a list of questions and they should be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have for them. If they are short with you or they give you the wrong answer, then it is time to move onto the next supplier on the list.
- Ask for quotes for the machines that you need – If you know what machines you need, ask them for quotes for the cost of the machine. You can also ask them if they have any payment plans or savings that you could make. Sometimes a supplier will have a machine on special offer. Especially if they are about to get the upgraded version of the machine in stock. They will want to get rid of the old stock.
- Customer service – You will want a company who has excellent customer service skills. If you phone them up and they leave you on hold for hours or they don’t email you back on 24 hours, then they obviously don’t want to have your custom. Move onto the next company and see how they treat you as a potential customer.
- Maintenance – Ask them if they have a maintenance plan for the machines that you buy. Even if you have to pay extra for the maintenance plan, you should think about doing it because it will be a monthly premium and it will cover the work and any new parts that you might need. If you don’t take a maintenance plan out and something breaks, then you are going to have to pay for another company to come out and fix the machine and if it needs replacement parts, then you will have to pay upfront for the parts. It will end up costing you a lot of money.
- Multiple machines – It would be better for you if you bought all of the machines from the same company. This is because you will only have to deal with one sales person for everything and if something goes wrong, you only have to phone one company. Furthermore, if you are on a payment plan, you can keep track of the payments better because you are not paying multiple payments each month, you are only paying one. In addition to this, when it is time to upgrade the machines, you can do everything at once.